Welcome to Year 5
Welcome to Year 5 where we have a great team of teachers and TAs who are excited to be working alongside your children this year.
Mr Coles is in Newmarket Class and Mrs Woodman is in Goodwood Class. Our wonderful TAs are Mrs Wariner and Mrs Lauder who will work with us at various times throughout the week.
We are also fortunate to have with us Mrs Guest who will teach Music on Thursdays and Mrs Bellinger who will provide English support with select children on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
We have lots of exciting topics planned for our Year 5 classes this year to make their learning lively and engaging.
- Term 1 – Is Water be stronger than Rock? (Stig of the Dump/Cheddar Gorge)
- Term 2 – What was life like? (Letters from the Lighthouse and World War 2)
- Term 3 – Does Space ever End? (George’s Secret Key to the Universe - Science)
- Term 4 – What If? (The Invention of Hugo Cabaret - Dt/inventors)
- Term 4 – What effect are we having?(The Flower – Geography and global awareness)
- Term 6 – Simply the quest (Who Let the Gods Out? – History/Olympics)
There are several trips planned throughout the year including a visit to Cheddar Gorge and the amazing caves and a visit to Avebury stone circle. Alongside this will be shorter visits from Wiltshire Scrapstore, Wiltshire Fire and Rescue and Elaine Davies from Chippenham Museum.
We hope that your child has a fantastic time in Year 5. Our aim is for them to develop a real love for learning and recognise their potential as learners and as citizens of our school and community. We are proud to have high expectations of ourselves and the children we teach and look forward to working closely with them over the coming terms.
If you do have further questions, please pop into see us or make an appointment via the school office. Many Thanks for your support.