Service Pupil Premium
Service Pupil Premium
Pupils are eligible for Service Pupil Premium (SPP) funding if they meet the following criteria:
- one of their parents is serving in the regular armed forces
- they have been registered as a ‘service child’ in the school census at any point since 2011, see footnote 1
- one of their parents died whilst serving in the armed forces and the pupil receives a pension under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or the War Pensions Scheme
SPP funding is designed to assist the school in providing additional support that these children may need. The funding is currently £300 per child. If your child is eligible for Service Pupil Premium (SPP) funding, please let us know.
At Queen’s Crescent School we provide ongoing support for children and families as well as support for children when they join or leave our school and around the time of deployment.
Support available for children and families eligible for SPP funding
The link members of staff for families eligible for SPP funding are Mrs Sarah Kibble and Mrs Tanya Paterson
Information about our first event for Service families will be available soon.
Children who join the school mid-year
- Please click here to view a virtual tour of our school.
- Children will be given “My Passport” to complete in order to ease transition to our school.
- Children will have the opportunity to complete a treasure hunt when they start at the school in order to help them find their way around our school.
- Children have the opportunity to join a drop in club with Mrs Sarah Kibble, who is a trained ELSA and counsellor. The club will run approximately once a month.
- Children can work with Mrs Kibble more frequently if they wish to.
- There is an allocated noticeboard with information available for families eligible for SPP funding. The noticeboard is located in the foyer.
- International links are referred to when the opportunity arises in class and through international activities in school. This gives children the opportunity to share their own experiences if they wish to. We have achieved the International School Award.
- We have purchased a selection of books for children to read in school with Mrs Kibble or to take home around the time of deployment.
Around the time of deployment
- Families will be given a deployment pack to use as they wish. This includes:
- Activity packs for children and families to complete before, during and after deployment if they wish.
- Diaries for parents and older children to record significant events or as an opportunity to offload thoughts and feelings.
- A selection of books
- Links to information that may be useful around this time.
- The school can purchase for the children a Huggable Hero
Please see below deployment pack documents.